Monday, March 30, 2009

Well here is my second book, "Carving a HatMan". I used a weeping willow branch for this one, but any tree with branches (LOL) could be used to create the hat peak. The inspiration for this carving was from a ceramic Santa Clause that my wife puts out every year on the fireplace mantle. His beard just sort of hung over the edge of the shelf. I found that Weeping Willow carves just as easy as Basswood and in my area is more plentiful than any other species. In this book I take the student from harvesting the HatMan blanks through a finished shelf hanger with big bushy mustash. The gallery is loaded with pleanty of examples and should be a great resource for anyone that loves to carve.

You can have a signed copy with free shipping to the lower 48 states for only $14.95. You can become a dealer by ordering only 6 copies, mix or match with any of my other books. Send me an email if interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment